Alcohol and Drugs together makeup the vast majority of cases in any court, jail and prison. Some charges such as possession of alcohol carry no jail sentence and yet others such as transportation of controlled substance can be deemed strike offenses with serious prison time.
Below you’ll be able to find the elements of each crime (what the prosecutor needs to prove against you), the defenses for each charge and potential exposure. Exposure is the penalty or penalties for each charge.
- Open Container, VC 23222
- Public Intoxication/Drunk in Public, PC 647(f)
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI), VC 23152 (a and b)
- DUI with Accident & Property Damage
- DUI with Accident & Injuries
- DUI and Immigration Status
- Furnishing Alcohol to an Under-aged Person (18-20 year olds), Business and Profession Code (B&P) 25658(a)
- Possession of Alcohol by Minor B&P 25662
Check out my YouTube Channel for a video on moral character crimes and immigration consequences for non-citizens